Friday, July 3, 2009

The Face of Worms


About ten days ago, I woke from a pleasant nap to Miguel yelling something along the lines of "AAAAGH, what is THAT?  Tracy, come look at Lolli's poop - it doesn't look right!"  Imagine my delight as I hauled myself off of the sofa and out into the steamy afternoon to examine the equally steamy weird yellow mess that Lolli had just deposited onto the patio.  One quick look and the situation was immediately clear...my gorgeous, sweet, goofy, naughty, lovely puppy had...WORMS.  

Ugh.  Damn, worms in a puppy are just gross.  We immediately made an appointment at the vet for the following morning, and as I had to work, the delightful job of collecting a poop sample and taking Lolli to the vet fell to Miguel.  We were given three packets of de-worming powder with instructions to mix one packet in her dinner for three consecutive days.  The results were immediate and dramatic, perhaps best described as "pooping spaghetti".  I can't help but wonder if Lolli's constantly voracious appetite could be at least partly blamed by these disgusting hitchhikers.  

The medicine made her sleepy and somewhat incontinent.  The day following her first dose, she fell asleep on my lap while I was sitting on the couch.  I savor these sweet moments with Lolli - she is an absolute doll, but an energetic one, and she rarely has the patience for cuddling yet.  As I blissed out, petting her little egg-head and listening to her snore, I gradually noticed a warm wetness soaking through my jeans, right where her butt was resting.  My lovely little puppy's pooper was leaking, all over me.  Worms suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment